nav Bar

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Easy Clean Eating Swaps You Can Make Today

Cleaning it is one of the best things that I ever did in my adult life. It seems big and scary, but in fact its quiet simple. These are my favorite quick simple tips that you can implement during your next shopping trip.


1) Trade in your flavored, sugar filled, fruit yogurt for plain Greek yogurt then add your favorite fruit, granola, nuts, even a few dark chocolate chips. you'll not only skip the sugar, but the chemicals too!

This is my go to snack all year long at school!


2) Substitute cauliflower rice for brown rice. Brown rice use to be all the rage but now its cauliflower rice and even cauliflower flour. You can make everything from mock mashed potatoes to tortillas using these ingredients. Bonus its vegetable not a starch! I'm always looking for ways to get more veggies aren't you!

3) Trade in your fruit juice for fruit infused water or even just  DRINK the water and eat the fruit...what a concept! I love fruit infused water strawberry basil is one of my favs! Just try it on a hot summers day or in the classroom its a great break.


4) Try almond milk. If you don't have a nut allergy try almond milk. I love the flavor you can get it vanilla flavored milk too. Get the unsweetened kind the almond is sweet enough.

5) Have you heard about coconut oil. I didn't jump on the band wagon at first, but now I'm a believer. You can use it in tons of ways. I even use it on the dogs skin rash. Its wonderful to cook with. No more Pam.

6) Switch potatoes for sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes. I love the sweetness and I'm not talking the kind covered with brown sugar and marshmallows. You can make baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, and potato salad with sweet potatoes! Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

7) At first this sounds odd, but it is great for clean eaters. Switch your mayo with plain Greek yogurt. Mayo is full of all sorts of wacko ingredients instead choose plain Greek yogurt or even mashed avocado. I use Greek yogurt in my chicken salad, egg salad, and even in place of sour cream.

8) Make your own Marinara sauce. This is easy... here is the link to one of my favorites. You can add red wine, extra veggies, fresh tomatoes. Throw EVERYTHING in a crock pot and forget it. The BEST part is you can use it for spaghetti, tomato soup, ratatouille, even Mexican dishes. Make a big pot of it and freeze the extra.

9) While your cooking that marinara sauce throw a spaghetti sauce into the oven. Again its another chance to sneak in veggies, mom WIN! My husband loves it with chicken or meatballs.


10) Keep it simple- Look for food that has simple ingredients, ingredients you can pronounce, and ingredients that can be purchase individually at the store!

Sometimes you need some support as you begin clean eating... I'm running a FREE 5 day Clean eating group to help you make this change. The group includes a 5 day menu, shopping list, and recipes! Click here to sign up for this months group





No comments:

Post a Comment